Monday, February 3, 2014

Regency Chemise

This is a very simple garment. A regency chemise of cotton voile. I used the Sense & Sensibility Regency Underthings pattern and sewed it all by hand. It's very very soft and very very sheer. It will be worn under a pair of short stays and a dress. I was going to use the same fabric for the dress, but I think it will far to see-through unless I line it.
My victorian corset is under there. It won't be when actually worn.
It would be immodest for me to model this myself. Even Tessie was blushing at the thought. Here's a closer look at the top.
I'm going to replace the pink ribbon with a white cord when I acquire some. 
Here's a sneak peak of the short stays I am making.
Just a little tease. You can't see the front until I'm further along

No comments:

Post a Comment