Thursday, September 4, 2014

For the Broads


The world just lost another broad. First Elaine Stritch, then Lauren Bacall and now Joan Rivers. How would I define a broad? A broad is a woman (never a girl) who says what's on her mind with a quick witted quip. A broad can wear stilettos and a pencil skirt and drink whiskey straight from the bottle and apply her lipstick without looking in the mirror. A broad loves men and they love her back. She may take you down a peg if you deserve it, but she'll be the first one to have your back if you don't. She dishes it out, she takes it and she doesn't suffer fools gladly. She can swear like a sailor and dine with the queen. Broads are funny and bawdy and sexy as hell. I aspire to be a broad. I used to think you had to be old to be a great broad, but I think I'm going to keep practicing.
Parade Magazine
You can make fun of Joan Rivers and her plastic surgery all you want. She beat you to the punch.
Ladies against Humanity
I would have probably peed my pants in fear to meet Elaine Stritch, but it would have been worth it.
Lauren Bacall could hold her own with anybody.
And because this one still hurts.
Buzzfeed

No comments:

Post a Comment