Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day to deadline and.....stalled

Pieced together front
Sometimes, when I run into a snag it just completely stops me in my tracks. When I went to cut out the pieces of my linen shirt with the pattern, they were all too small, so I pieced them together. So tomorrow is the deadline for the Historical Sew Fortnightly 2014
Challenge #1: Make do and Mend.
Inside out, French Seamed
I just can't figure out how to make it work. I was getting frustrated, so I put it aside. My other plan was to fix the bodice of my Dickens dress. I was still sewing it at 4am the night before the fair and I realized I didn't have any hooks and eyes so I cut buttons and buttonholes off a silk blouse and attached it. It enabled me to close it and wear it, but it looked kind of messy.
Really messy
I also wanted to fix the pleating and the seams of the sleeves. The problem is; this event has passed. I'm kind of over this dress right now, so I'm having a hard time motivating  to mend it. Also, I still don't have any hooks and eyes.
Soooo, not sure if I am going to make this challenge. But...on a high note, I used my $25 gift certificate to Bookshop Santa Cruz to buy myself a few treats.
I have always love Tom Tierney paperdolls. I have a small collection

and one more
A book with patterns meant to fit tiny Asian women. What could possibly go wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment