Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thrift Store Haul

I have a favorite thrift store in town. All the items are 50% off everyday. I find some delicious treasures there. Here's what I found last time I went. First off, buttons! Some of them are too trashed to use, but there are some very interesting little vintage buttons in there too.
Whole Bag $1.50
A little binder filled with about 30 colors of embroidery floss, organized in zipped pouches.
$1.50
Grab bag full of goodies.
$1.50
Another grab bag.
Hook and eyes! At last. $2.00
And this one held a special surprise.
What is that thing with the cute Russian dude on it? Whole bag  $1.50
It's a punch needle. I've never used one before, but it comes with very clear instructions. So, yeah, gotta go google that.
Or it's for doing weird drugs
I also found three panels of cotton voile curtains from World Market. 40" x 84". So I think about 7 yards.
Not this orange. More rust colored. $6.50 for all three
And last but not least, this pretty shawl. I have no idea what it is made of. The embroidery is most certainly rayon, but I really can't tell what the actually shawl is and there is no tag. I'm guessing maybe a rayon/cotton blend?
$7.50

The embroidery is really pretty

If you look closely, maybe you can guess.
Sum Total of Purchases. $22.00. I can literally make a Regency dress, embroider it and accessorize it with a pretty shawl with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment